Friday, February 12, 2016

What's that mean?

Week #7

We are all going hardcore right now. Seriously, we are all in BEAST MODE! 

Because we are in a competition and looking to win money we are slightly modifying how we eat the last two weeks. We want to lean out more so we are still eating 1200-1300 calories per day but we are replacing some protein with vegetables. 

Its just insane the amount of vegetables I'm eating. The kids got sick this week and I'm like a vitamin c pill on legs right now, no way I'm getting sick! 

I've been wearing a sweat suit to our HIIT workouts with Candy and to the Rosemont Fitness Center at night on the treadmill. I've worn a light-weight hoodie to Flywheel (lightweight or I'd for sure keel over). I've started to steam after my workouts just to get my muscles relaxed and hopefully they'll bounce back a little. Each of us has started working out 2-3 times per day. Fly in the am, HIIT in the afternoon, treadmill at night then steam. And yep I'm still getting 7 hours of sleep a night. I promise you I'm still feeding my kids too lol

With a team of former athletes we don't know any other way than to put forth our best effort when competing for something. So like I said BEAST MODE ALL DAY!

Did I mention I've also been wearing a belly sweat band, even to sleep some nights. Its actually a standing joke now at our Candy workouts....Nicole's FUPA must DIE! Two c-sections and an abdominal surgery can really do a number on your stomach muscles so I'm doing everything possible to get rid of this baby belly. If you don't know what FUPA stands for...I'm not going to explain it here but you can ask around, I'm sure someone can fill ya in...like AJ had to for Candy lol That was a fun day at the gym too!

So, you know Lacey's diet plan and you see our workouts. We are working hard, beyond hard. We are killing ourselves. Every waking moment is concentrated on what we are eating and when our next workout will be. 13 days until FINAL weigh-in. And let me just say...we've lost a &%*# LOAD of weight and still have almost 2 weeks to go!

Ok in true fashion I must leave you with a laugh. This one is courtesy of my cousin Jess. She too has a sweat suit. Well earlier this week we were working out at Blockhead Fitness with Candy and had our sweat suits on. I think we were doing ONE LEGGED BURPEES. Ugh Candy you just I don't even know, I seriously think you are trying to kill us some days lol. Ok so back to burpees. We are doing one legged burpees with a push up. I'm down and getting ready to pop-up when Jess starts cracking up laughing in front of me. She's standing there and all I see is cotton panties in my face. The frickin pants of her sweat suit split right up the crotch. She was standing there freaking out, grabbed it to keep it closed and SLOWLY walked to the other room to get her bag and put her other pants on. Moral of this story is...be sure to have shorts on under your sweat suit pants if doing burpees or any other exercises for that matter. 

Oh I can't stop there. Jess may be a former athlete but when it comes to the gym she is a little well...uncoordinated. She's also our screamer for sure...and single guys in case you're interested. She did just drop a bunch of weight :)

Ok so we are doing jumping jacks a few weeks back and all of a sudden I hear Candy stop Jess and say "What are you doing? You are doing those backwards. Here do them like this". 

HOW DO YOU DO JUMPING JACKS BACKWARDS?! For the love of all that is sane, if nothing else comes from this competition my sweet, smart, adorable cousin has learned to do a jumping jack the proper way. Lord Bless Ya Honey! I love you with all my heart and I'm so proud of you.

Til next time...work hard ALL DAY!

#TeamLacey
#Fluffy2Fit





No comments:

Post a Comment